Like many, you probably don’t look at your own profile regularly. But when others view your profile on desktop, there’s a section on the right called “People Also Viewed”. It’s also shown on mobile at the bottom of your profile.
Here’s why it’s spam:
1. It detracts from your profile
2. Users can leave your profile in one click
3. You don’t control who is shown (could be competitors or people totally misaligned with your profession)
Here’s how you remove “People Also Viewed”:
1. Click on the “Me” link on the top bar of LinkedIn
2. Click on “Settings and Privacy”
3. Click on “Privacy”
4. Under “Viewers of this profile also viewed” select “No”
Viola, “People Also Viewed” will be removed once-and-for-all.